Voting (Ballots) by Mail
To vote by mail, you must request a ballot for each election. To be
to vote by mail in Texas, you must:
- be 65 years or older;
- be disabled;
- be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal
- be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.
- Regular mail ballot applications for the over 65 years of age or Disabled groups
are only applicable for the one election that the application is filled out for.
- If you are in the military or a citizen overseas, click
to obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). These applications stay in effect
for 1 Federal Election so it is important to update your mailing
address with the county.
Please note additional information pertaining to mail ballot applications:
- A mail ballot application may be obtained online by clicking
- A mail ballot application may also be obtained by contacting Joanna Stanfield at
(903) 590-4776 or by
to request an application be mailed to you.
- As a final option, you may request a mail ballot application be mailed to you by
- Once the application is completed, mail it to:
Smith County Elections Administration
Attn: Joanna Stanfield
302 E. Ferguson
Tyler, Texas 75702
- Mail ballot applications must be submitted to the mail ballot clerk on or after
the 60th day before Election Day and before the close of business on the 11th day
before Election Day. If the 11th day is a weekend, the last day to submit an application
is the preceding Friday.