Skip Navigation LinksHome : Elected Officials : District Clerk
District Clerk
Important Links
Judicial Search
Attorney General of Texas
Official Portal of Texas
Supreme Court of Texas
Texas e-Filing
Criminal e-Filing Mandate
Texas Courts Online
Texas Secretary of State
Twelfth Court of Appeals
Smith County District Clerk
100 North Broadway
Room 204
Tyler, Texas 75702

Phone: (903) 590-1660
Fax: (903) 590-1661

Lois Rogers District Clerk (903) 590-1660

Appeals (903) 590-1677
Attorney General Suits Division (903) 590-1668
Bookkeeping (903) 590-1665 or 1667
Child Support (903) 590-1687
Civil Division (903) 590-1663 or 1669
Front Intake (903) 590-1672 or 1670 or 1671
Jury Coordinator (903) 590-1700
Juvenile Coordinator (903) 590-1664
Tax Suits Division (903) 590-1672
7th District Court Felony Clerk (903) 590-1678
114th District Court Felony Clerk (903) 590-1680
241st District Court Felony Clerk (903) 590-1679
321st District Court Family Clerk (903) 590-1674
When is the best time to check on receipt of a payment?
Our clerks process checks between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. In order to post the checks and mail them the same day, we would appreciate your calling after 4:00 p.m. This not only allows for prompt turnaround of checks, but provides up-to-date information with respect to your account.
How much past due is my account?
We do not maintain past due balances. However, you may request a print out of your account to determine the past due amount, if any. A $5 fee is charged per printout and may be paid by cash, certified check or money order.
I have not received my check. To what address did you mail my check?
The last address provided to our office in writing. If you have moved and not advised us of your address change and a forwarding order has expired, the check may have been returned to us.
May I give you the name of my new employer over the phone?
A new Request for Employer's Order must be completed, along with a $20 fee.
Click here for the form.
When making a child support payment, to who do I make the check payable?
Please make the check payable to the payee, not Smith County or Smith County District Clerk.
My ex-spouse is not making child support payments. Can you help?
Our office does not act as an enforcement agency for collection of child support. You must seek assistance from an attorney.
How do I reach the Office of the Attorney General?
The Tyler office may be reached by calling one of the following numbers:
  • General Assistance: (903) 533-0393 or (800) 687-8257
  • For Payment Info: (800) 252-8014
How can I check on the status of a child support payment?
You may check on the status of a child support payment via e-mail at:
Child Support Payments
Smith County Texas
100 N. Broadway Tyler, Texas
© Copyright 2017 Smith County - All rights reserved
phone 1.903.590.2600 | email