We are currently in the process of changing the Smith County Hazard Mitigation Plan and are seeking feedback.
Please download a draft of the document by clicking this link and send your feedback to the Smith County Fire Marshal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smith County Fire Marshal's Office
Office of Emergency Management
11325 Spur 248
Tyler, Texas 75707
Office: (903) 590-2655
After Hours: (903) 566-6600 (after 5pm/weekdays, weekends, and holidays)
Fax: (903) 590-2647
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M - F
Fire Marshal, Emergency Management Coordinator - Connie McCoy-Wasson
Chad Hogue - Assistant Fire Marshal – Asst. Emergency Management Coordinator
Trey Glover - Deputy Fire Marshal - Emergency Management Tech
Eric Lowry - Deputy Fire Marshal – Hazard Mitigation Officer
Caitlin Roberson - – Deputy Fire Marshal/Inspector – Emergency Management Assistant
Carolyn Lewis Administrative Assistant - – Emergency Management Assistant
- The mission of the Fire Marshal's Office, the Office of Emergency Management and Local Emergency planning is:
- to enforce all state and county regulations related to fire, explosions, or damages of any kind caused by fire or explosion; and in the interest of safety and fire prevention, to inspect any structure for fire hazards, if called to do so;
- to investigate the cause, origin, and circumstances of each fire that occurs within the county that destroys or damages property, and to file a complaint charging arson, attempted arson, conspiracy to defraud, or other crimes against a person believed guilty;
- to keep records of each fire investigated, including the facts as related to the origin and cause of each fire; statistics, and circumstances;
- to coordinate the work of the various county fire fighting and fire prevention units;
- to execute a workable emergency management plan designed to provide for emergency services, shelter, and food for the citizens of Smith County, and to assist the State of Texas as needed during times of disasters through mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery from disasters.