Commissioner Cary Nix
Smith County Commissioner Cary Nix is a lifetime resident of Smith County. He was born in Tyler, and raised in Whitehouse. He is a graduate of Tyler Junior College and attended Stephen F. Austin State University. He is managing partner of Nix Roses and President of Nix Landscape Supply Inc.
Commissioner Nix is a conservative Republican who took office in 2011. He represents Precinct 2, which covers the Southeast portion of Smith County, including the cities of Troup, Arp, Whitehouse and portions of Tyler.
He has been married to his wife, Sharon, for 39 years. They have two sons, Chad and his wife Emily, and Jordan and his wife Kari. They have three granddaughters, Addison, Asher and Kynlee.
The Nixes are members of First Baptist Church in Whitehouse, where Commissioner Nix has served as deacon and Sunday School teacher.
History of Community Involvement/Public Service
- Member of the First Baptist Church of Whitehouse
- Deacon of the First Baptist Church of Whitehouse
- President of the Texas Rose Research Foundation
- Board of Directors for the Tyler Rose Museum
- Whitehouse Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce
- Smith County Better Business Bureau
- Smith County Republican Women
- Graduate of Tyler Junior College
- Attended Stephen F. Austin State University
Smith County Annex Building
200 E. Ferguson, Suite 100
Tyler, Texas 75702
Phone: (903) 590-4602