The T.B. Butler Fountain Plaza is open to the public and can be reserved on a first come, first serve basis at no cost. Running water and electrical outlets are located throughout the Square. Available electrical outlets are limited to standard 110v outlets. Any other electrical needs will not be provided by Smith County.
Square Reservation Policy
All square reservation requests MUST be submitted in writing to Commissioners Court staff for approval. No automatically reoccurring events will be scheduled. All reservations must be approved separately. Smith County can only provide reservations for the space within the boundaries of the square. For more information about the county's application, call 903-590-4607.
For information on sidewalks, street closures or barricades, contact the City of Tyler Police Department at 903-531-1090. For events involving food service, contact the North East Texas Public Health District at 903-535-0030 for regulations and requirements.
2020 Square Reservations
- January 1-April 17: Rockhouse Burgers and Bakery, lunch on Fridays
- January 1-April 28: Curbside Taco Food Truck, lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays
- March 14: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- March 14: Tyler's St. Patty's Festival, Mallory Mazarakes and Annie Gilstrap, 9 a.m to 7 p.m.
- March 28: Beer Run, True Vine Brewing Co., 8 a.m. to noon
- April 11: Praise Fest, Empowerment Ministries, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 12: Sunrise on the Square, Calvary Chapel Tyler, 6:30-9:30 a.m.
- April 18:Big Event Service Day; UT Tyler, TJC and Main Street Department; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 29: Hope Awards and Denim Day, East Texas Crisis Center, 4-9 p.m.
- May 2: Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival, Townsquare Media (setup starts April 30, cleanup May 3)
- May 7: National Day of Prayer on the Square, Trinity Fellowship Church, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 9: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- May 14-October 27 every Thursday: Tunes at Noon, City of Tyler Main Street, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- May 23: Memorial Day Music Festival, All Around Booking Agency, noon to midnight
- June 6: LGBT Pride Festival, The Ripple Effect, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- June 13: Ice Cream Festival, Empowerment CDC, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 13: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- July 11: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- August 8: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- September 12: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- October 10: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- November 8: Dia De Los Muertos, Cecilia Bush, 8 a.m. to midnight (setup on Nov. 7)
- November 14: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- December 12: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight