The T.B. Butler Fountain Plaza is open to the public and can be reserved on a first come, first serve basis at no cost. Running water and electrical outlets are located throughout the Square. Available electrical outlets are limited to standard 110v outlets. Any other electrical needs will not be provided by Smith County.
Square Reservation Policy
All square reservation requests MUST be submitted in writing to Commissioners Court staff for approval. No automatically reoccurring events will be scheduled. All reservations must be approved separately. Smith County can only provide reservations for the space within the boundaries of the square. For more information about the county's application, call 903-590-4607.
For information on sidewalks, street closures or barricades, contact the City of Tyler Police Department at 903-531-1090. For events involving food service, contact the North East Texas Public Health District at 903-535-0030 for regulations and requirements.
2020 Square Reservations
- June 19: Vigil, Tyler Justice and Reconciliation/Curtis Bush, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- June 28: Love and Peace Concert, Andre Thompson, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- July 8: MADD Law Enforcement Recognition, 7-11 a.m.
- July 11: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- July 24: Prayer/Worship on the Square, Walls to Bridges (Kilton McCracken), 5-8 p.m.
- August 8: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- September 5: Music Festival, All Around Booking Agency, noon to midnight
- September 12: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- October 10: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- October 11: Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival, Townsquare Media (setup starts October 9)
- October 24: Dogtoberfest, SPCA of East Texas, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- November 8: Dia De Los Muertos, Cecilia Bush, 8 a.m. to midnight (setup on Nov. 7)
- November 14: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- December 5: 2020 Rotary Clubs of Tyler Christmas Parade, 10-11:30 a.m.
- December 12: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight