The T.B. Butler Fountain Plaza is open to the public and can be reserved on a first come, first serve basis at no cost. Running water and electrical outlets are located throughout the Square. Available electrical outlets are limited to standard 110v outlets. Any other electrical needs will not be provided by Smith County.
Square Reservation Policy
All square reservation requests MUST be submitted in writing to Commissioners Court staff for approval. No automatically reoccurring events will be scheduled. All reservations must be approved separately. Smith County can only provide reservations for the space within the boundaries of the square. For more information about the county's application, call 903-590-4607.
For information on sidewalks, street closures or barricades, contact the City of Tyler Police Department at 903-531-1090. For events involving food service, contact the North East Texas Public Health District at 903-535-0030 for regulations and requirements.
2018 Square Reservations
- October 20: Costumes, Trunks and Treats, 42 Taillights MC, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- October 25: Hope Awards-Stop Domestic Violence, 6-9 p.m.
- October 27: Thank You For Your Service Festival, Empowerment CDC, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- November 3: Tyler Heart Walk & 5K Red Carpet Run, American Heart Association, 8-11 a.m.
- November 10: Hit the Bricks/Bridal Expo, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- November 29: Christmas Parade/Rotary Club of Tyler and Tree Lighting/City of Tyler, 6 p.m.
- December 1: Set up Tyler Half Marathon and 5K, Premier Event Management, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- December 2: Tyler Half Marathon and 5K, Premier Event Management, 7-11 a.m.
- December 8: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- December 15: Winter Wonderland Downtown Tyler, Empowerment Community Development Corporation, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.