The T.B. Butler Fountain Plaza is open to the public and can be reserved on a first come, first serve basis at no cost. Running water and electrical outlets are located throughout the Square. Available electrical outlets are limited to standard 110v outlets. Any other electrical needs will not be provided by Smith County.
Square Reservation Policy
All square reservation requests MUST be submitted in writing to Commissioners Court staff for approval. No automatically reoccurring events will be scheduled. All reservations must be approved separately. Smith County can only provide reservations for the space within the boundaries of the square. For more information about the county's application, call 903-590-4607.
For information on sidewalks, street closures or barricades, contact the City of Tyler Police Department at 903-531-1090. For events involving food service, contact the North East Texas Public Health District at 903-535-0030 for regulations and requirements.
2019 Square Reservations
- August 9-November 29: HugDawgs Hotdogs, lunch on Mondays and Fridays
- October 18- April 17: Rockhouse Burgers and Bakery, lunch on Fridays
- October 28-April 28: Curbside Taco Food Truck, lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays
- November 9: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- November 16: Tyler Heart & Stroke Walk, American Heart Association, 6 a.m. to noon
- December 1: World AIDS Day, The Ripple Effect, 5-8 p.m.
- December 5: Rotary Clubs of Tyler Christmas Parade, 6-8 p.m.
- December 5: Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, City of Tyler Parks Dept., 7 p.m.
- December 12: Back the Badge Blood Drive, Sheriff's Office and Carter BloodCare, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- December 14: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
2020 Square Reservations
- January 11: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- January 20: Martin Luther King Celebration, Tyler Together Race Relations, 8:30-10 a.m.
- February 8: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- March 14: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- April 11: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- May 2: Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival, Townsquare Media (setup starts April 30, cleanup May 3)
- May 7: National Day of Prayer on the Square, Trinity Fellowship Church, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 9: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- June 6: LGBT Pride Festival, The Ripple Effect, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- June 13: Ice Cream Festival, Empowerment CDC, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 13: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- July 11: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight