The T.B. Butler Fountain Plaza is open to the public and can be reserved on a first come, first serve basis at no cost. Running water and electrical outlets are located throughout the Square. Available electrical outlets are limited to standard 110v outlets. Any other electrical needs will not be provided by Smith County.
Square Reservation Policy
All square reservation requests MUST be submitted in writing to Commissioners Court staff for approval. No automatically reoccurring events will be scheduled. All reservations must be approved separately. Smith County can only provide reservations for the space within the boundaries of the square. For more information about the county's application, call 903-590-4607.
For information on sidewalks, street closures or barricades, contact the City of Tyler Police Department at 903-531-1090. For events involving food service, contact the North East Texas Public Health District at 903-535-0030 for regulations and requirements.
2019 Square Reservations
- May 9-October 31: Tunes at Noon, City of Tyler Main Street, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays
- July 2-July 30: Pray and Sharing, Ray Holland, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays
- April 11-October 11: Say Cheese Food Truck, lunch on Thursdays
- January 30-July 31: Curbside Taco Food Truck, lunch Mondays and Wednesdays
- July 13: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- July 21: Free the Children, Sheila Thrash, noon to 7 p.m.
- July 24: Back the Badge Blood Drive, Smith County Sheriff's Office and Carter BloodCare, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- August 10: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- September 7: Cruisin' for Independence, East Texas Center for Independent Living, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- September 14: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- September 26: City Fest East Texas Prayer Gathering, City Fest East Texas, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- September 28: Wiggy Thump, Pets Fur People, noon to midnight; set up 09/27; clean up 09/29
- October 5-6: City Fest East Texas, Luis Palau Association, 2-10 p.m.; set up starts 10/02; clean up 10/07
- October 8: Turn Tyler Pink, Tyler Firefighters C.A.R.E. Fund Committee, 5-7 p.m.
- October 12: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- October 19: Dogtoberfest, SPCA of East Texas, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- October 26: Third Annual Thank You For Your Service Festival 2019
- October 27-November 4: Playhouses on the Plaza, Smith County Habitat for Humanity
- November 9: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight
- November 16: Tyler Heart & Stroke Walk, American Heart Association, 6 a.m. to noon
- December 1: World AIDS Day, The Ripple Effect, 5-8 p.m.
- December 5: Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, City of Tyler Parks Dept., 7 p.m.
- December 14: Hit the Bricks, Visit Tyler, 8 a.m. to midnight